Facebook notifications are the alerts you get regarding the latest updates and account activities on your Facebook profile.
You can change which notifications you receive from Facebook, but you cannot totally deactivate them.
You can tailor the activity you are notified for in your notifications options if you are sick of receiving Facebook notifications.
In this article, I will be guiding you on what Facebook notifications are all about and how to modify your Facebook notifications settings.
Let’s get started.
Types of Facebook Notifications you can get
There are two major types of notifications you can receive from Facebook on your desktop or mobile device. These notifications are, Push notification and Pop up notifications.
Push Notification: These are notifications you get from Facebook to encourage you re-visit Facebook if you have not been using the site for some time.
These kinds of notification are usually in the form of a message telling you just how many posts have been made by your Facebook friends.
Pop Up Notification: This special kind of notification that is designed for desktop. These notifications appear on the bottom right corner of the display window.
You only get these notifications when you are logged in to your Facebook account on your PC. You could also get this kind of notification on your phone, but it will be in the form of a text message to your mobile number.
Before you can set up notification of your Facebook account, you must first own a Facebook account.
Facebook Account – Signing Up for a Facebook Account
A Facebook account is basically free to create if you have an email account or a mobile phone number. With the account, you can have access to different things within the platform. Follow the simple guidelines below to create a Facebook account;
- Go to facebook.com or launch the mobile app for Facebook.
- Enter your first name, surname.
- Select your birthday and type in your phone number or email ID.
- Indicate gender for the new account and create a password.
- Hit on “Sign Up”.
- The new account would be created immediately and verification code or mail will be sent.
- Verify the ownership of the account with any of the options. You can alternatively log in if you have an account you want to make the changes on.
Facebook Login – Logging into your Account
- Creating an account is free and most people already have one, so if you have, you can log in. Here’s a step by step on how to log in;
- Proceed to the Facebook website at facebook.com or open the app.
- Fill in your email address or your mobile number which you used to create your Facebook account and your password.
- Then hit on “Log In”.
- If your Facebook account email or phone number and password match, you would be logged in to your Facebook account on the device you are using.
How to Edit your Facebook Notification Setting
- The process is very simple and fast. Editing your Facebook notification settings can be done following the steps below.
- Log in to your Facebook account following the steps above if you haven’t done so.
- On your Facebook account, go to the settings page.
- If you use a desktop, hit the “notifications” tab on the left column. If you use a mobile device, locate the notification page.
- On this page, you can edit your Facebook notifications however you like. The notification settings you can edit include Notifications on Facebook, Email, and mobile. You can also edit text message notification from this page.
Facebook Notification Not Working
You know most times when we miss out on notifications on the platform, we get very unpleased.
When it comes to figuring out why your account fails to send push notifications is not that easy. Because there could be multiple reasons. First, make sure the application notification is turned on.
Then try clearing the cache from the Facebook and Messenger app. Lastly, check if there’s any background restriction to the app or maybe your power saving mode is hinder.
Power saving mode most times hinders push notifications on your smartphone.
Here’s how to fix the problem on your smartphone;
- Open your Phone settings, scroll and tap on “Accounts and sync”
- Then check if your Facebook account is configured on the device. If not configured, tap on “Add Account” and fill in your Facebook credentials.
- In the right section, tap on the 3-dot icon. Then check if your auto-sync is enabled. Enable auto-sync and tap on “OK” to confirm the selection.
- Open your iPhone settings and scroll to the installed apps on the phone.
- Tap on “Facebook” and select the “Push Notifications”.
- Then enable it with the toggle.
Also See: Facebook Security Settings
That’s all on Facebook Notification Settings.
If you like this article, please share it with your friends using any of the share buttons below.