Am sure you would find it interesting if I told you its now easy to send and receive money online through Facebook messenger.
Facebook messenger isn’t just a messaging applications where people chat with friends and loved ones, do voice and video calls, etc. It has really grown more than those.
Now, with the new Facebook messenger payment, sending and receiving money from your friends, loved ones is now easier.
As a matter of fact, it is even more convenient to send and receive money with Facebook pay than other payment platforms.
In this article, I will show you how to send and receive money with Facebook pay, and what the Facebook pay is all about.
Pros of Using Facebook Messenger Payment
- It is absolutely free, there are virtually no charges attached to sending and receiving money using Facebook messenger payment.
- You need to have an ongoing chat with the person you’re sending money to. So, it is not possible for a stranger or someone you’re not friends with.
- Messenger payment is password protected, so you can set a password unique to you or use your fingerprint for security measures to protect your every transaction on Facebook messenger payment.
Cons of Using Facebook Messenger Payment
Below are the cons of using Facebook messenger payment.
- You must be eighteen (18) years and above to make use of this payment method
- Facebook messenger payment does not work in all countries around the world. Unfortunately, their wings only extend as far as the United States, the United Kingdom, and France.
- You can’t cancel a payment once you make them except the receiver decides to reject the payment.
How to Send Money Via Messenger Payment
sending money via Facebook pay is very easy. Follow the steps below to learn how to send money.
- Provide your payment details by inputing your card details and other additional information.
- Set a payment authorized pin. To do this, simply tap on ‘pin’ in the payment setting and set up a 4 digit pin. You would be required to input it twice in order to confirm before setting it up.
- Now, open your messenger app and open a chat with the person you wish to send money to. Once you open the chat, tap the blue plus sign located at the bottom of the screen and click on ‘payment’ which will appear among the options provided.
- Next, it will provide you with a field where you simply enter the amount you would like to send and also what the money is for. The field for the reason for the payment is optional, so you can choose to ignore it.
- Next, tap the ‘pay’ button located at the top right corner of your screen to send the money. Input your pin if you did set up one and voila, you just made your first messenger payment.
How to Receive a Payment From Messenger Payment
Receiving money from Facebook messenger is equally easy.
When someone makes payment to you, you will be notified by Facebook of a pending payment to you.
If you already provided your card details on the Facebook pay platform, the money will be automatically paid into your account.
However, if you don’t, you will have to put your card details before you can receive the money.
That’s all on Facebook messenger payment.
Please like and share this article.