I am sure you would find it interesting if I told you it’s now easy to send and receive money online through Facebook messenger.
Facebook Messenger isn’t just a messaging application where people chat with friends and loved ones, do voice and video calls, etc. It has grown more than that.
With the new Facebook messenger payment, sending and receiving money from your friends and loved ones is now easier.
It is even more convenient to send and receive money with Facebook pay than with other payment platforms.
In this article, I will show you how to send and receive money with Facebook pay and what Facebook pay is all about.
Pros of Using Facebook Messenger Payment
- It is free; virtually no charges are attached to sending and receiving money using Facebook messenger payment.
- You need to have an ongoing chat with the person you’re sending money. So, it is impossible for a stranger or someone you’re not friends with.
- Messenger Payment is password protected, so you can set a password unique to you or use your fingerprint for security measures to protect your every transaction on Facebook messenger payment.
Cons of Using Facebook Messenger Payment
Below are the cons of using Facebook messenger payment.
- You must be eighteen (18) years old and above to use this payment method.
- Facebook messenger payment does not work in all countries around the world. Unfortunately, their wings only extend as far as the United States, the United Kingdom, and France.
- You can’t cancel a payment once you make them, except the receiver rejects it.
How to Send Money Via Messenger Payment
sending money via Facebook pay is very easy. Follow the steps below to learn how to send money.
- Provide your payment details by inputting your card details and other additional information.
- Set a payment-authorized pin. To do this, simply tap on ‘pin’ in the payment settings and set up a four-digit pin. You must input it twice to confirm before setting it up.
- Now, open your messenger app and chat with the person you wish to send money to. Once you open the chat, tap the blue plus sign at the bottom of the screen and click ‘Payment,’ which will appear among the options provided.
- Next, it will provide you with a field where you enter the amount you want to send and what the money is for. The field for the reason for the payment is optional, so you can choose to ignore it.
- Next, tap the ‘pay’ button at your screen’s top right corner. Input your pin if you set up one; voila, you just made your first messenger payment.
How to Receive Payments From Messenger
Receiving money from a Facebook messenger is equally easy.
When someone makes a payment to you, you will be notified by Facebook of a pending payment to you.
If you have already provided your card details on the Facebook pay platform, the money will be automatically paid into your account.
However, if you don’t, you must put in your card details before receiving the money.
Does Messenger send money?
Facebook Messenger does more than just chat. You can also transfer cash to (and kindly ask for payments from) friends on the Facebook pages. This can be an easy way to send and receive money online if you regularly use Messenger.
What does it typically take for Facebook to transfer funds?
To help keep your account safe, we authenticate your data before processing payments. Most payments are evaluated within 24 hours.
That’s all on Facebook messenger payment.
Please like and share this article.