Creating a Facebook account, logging into your Facebook account, and keeping in touch with your friends and loved ones is not enough.
You need to learn how to make the necessary Facebook security settings for your account.
For a start, if you don’t want to lose your Facebook account to hackers, you need to know how to change your Facebook login security, if need be.
There are many other important security settings for Facebook that are needed to keep you and your account secure.
In this article, I have explained how to go about them.
Change Your Facebook Security And Login Settings
In your Facebook account settings, Facebook allows you to adjust your security and login settings. To do this, click the “Account and Login” link in the left-hand column. Here you can set the following:
Choose Friends to Contact if You Get Locked Out
This feature was made by Facebook to help users get back to their accounts anytime they get locked out through their trusted friends.
Facebook recommends that any user nominate 3-5 of his trusted friend’s contacts. The friends you select will be able to receive a recovery code with a URL that can allow you to get back into your account.
Where You are Logged in
This feature keeps the record of everywhere you are currently logged in or previously logged in including the logging time, device name, and IP address. It’s advised that you log out all sessions to keep your account safe.
Login Facebook Security
Here you are able to change your account password and set your account to log in with your profile picture.
It advised you use a strong password combination when changing your account password. Also, setting your account to log in with your profile picture might be risky as anyone can access your account easily once they can get your device. So it’s better you turn it off.
Facebook Security | Two – Factor Authentication
This feature allows you to log in with a special security code anytime you are accessing your account on a new browser or device. Here you will be shown seven different options you can choose from.
- However, you can still review the devices where you won’t need a code before you log in.
- Setting this feature is a good one; it will help keep your account safe from a hacker.
- Other settings you can make in this section are
- Setting your account to send alerts to you if anyone logs in to a browser or device you don’t normally use.
- You can also add extra security to your notification emails from Facebook that only can decrypt.
- Here you can adjust settings on your activity and how people find and contact you. This part of your account helps you to maintain your privacy on the site.
- In the “Your Activity” section, you can make changes to who sees your future post.
- Review all the posts you were tagged in and limited audience for a post you have shared in public or with friends of friends.
- The other section tagged “How People Find You and Contact You” is where you can change settings on the following:
- Who can send you a friend request?
- Users Who can see your friend list?
- Who can look you up using the email address linked to your account?
- Do you want a search engine outside Facebook to link to your profile?
- You can use these settings to adjust how you want people to locate you anywhere on the internet and on Facebook
That’s all on Facebook Security Settings.
If you like this article, please share it with your friends, using any of the share buttons below.